By Yuri Dolgopolov
Read Online or Download A Dictionary of Confusable Phrases: More Than 10,000 Idioms and Collocations PDF
Best semantics books
Semantic priming has been a spotlight of analysis within the cognitive sciences for greater than thirty years and is usually used as a device for investigating different facets of belief and cognition, corresponding to observe reputation, language comprehension, and data representations. Semantic Priming: views from reminiscence and notice acceptance examines empirical and theoretical developments within the realizing of semantic priming, offering a succinct, in-depth evaluate of this significant phenomenon, framed when it comes to versions of reminiscence and types of note reputation.
This e-book is the 1st systematic account of the syntax and semantics of names. Drawing on paintings in onomastics, philosophy, and linguistics the writer examines the distribution and subcategorization of names inside a framework of syntactic different types and considers how the morphosyntactic habit of names connects to their semantic roles in quite a number languages.
The rhetorical practices concerned with the dissemination of medical discourse are transferring. Addressing those alterations, this e-book areas the discourse of technology in an more and more multilingual and multicultural educational quarter. It contests monolingual assumptions informing clinical discourse, calling cognizance to rising glocal discourses that make hybrids of the normal globalized and native educational English norms.
There are fewer differences in any language than there are specified issues within the universe. If, accordingly, languages are methods of representing the universe, a chief functionality in their parts needs to be to permit the even more diverse forms of parts out of which the universe is made to be classified in particular methods.
- Dynamic Conceptual Semantics: A Logico-Philosophical Investigation into Concept Formation and Understanding (Studies in Logic, Language, and Information)
- Pragmatics and Law: Practical and Theoretical Perspectives (Perspectives in Pragmatics, Philosophy & Psychology)
- Konzeptionelle Nähe und sprachliche Routinisierung: Konversationelle Selbstreparaturen im Französischen (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für romanische Philologie) (German Edition)
- Die nonverbale Kommunikation und ihre Anwendung am Beispiel eines Klavierkonzertes (German Edition)
- Default Semantics: Foundations of a Compositional Theory of Acts of Communication (Oxford Linguistics)
Extra resources for A Dictionary of Confusable Phrases: More Than 10,000 Idioms and Collocations
A Dictionary of Confusable Phrases: More Than 10,000 Idioms and Collocations by Yuri Dolgopolov